I'm Dying But Haven't Told Anyone

/
0 Comments
I was diagnosed with cancer a little over two weeks ago, after a regular checkup. Turns out I have a tumor on my colon that has spread to other areas (liver and lungs so far) and will require extensive chemo and surgery for any chance to live longer than 8 months of not having any treatment.

I haven't told my wife because she'll only pressure me to get the treatment, which results in months of pain and suffering for a relatively small chance. Instead, I'm making sure our last few months together are filled with only happy memories. I'll start to work later and will finish earlier each day, to make her breakfast in bed and take her on dates in the evenings.

My landlord where I rent my workshop from has agreed to let me run my business for free for the next 6 months, which means significantly less financial stress so I can save a lot more, so my wife has something to carry over afterward.

I hope she'll forgive me for taking this path.


You may also like

No comments:

TLC Journal - Copyright 2019. Powered by Blogger.